The Silent League :: We Go Forward
The Silent League are a NYC collective originally formed in 2004 by former Mercury Rev keyboardist Justin Russo that features a rotating line-up from from many other big name bands like Interpol, Beirut, Mercury Rev, Arcade Fire, Maps & The Leisure Society. Inspired by remixes of tunes from their third album 'But You’ve Always Been The Caretaker' (2010), 'We Go Forward' is a new collection of classic Silent League tracks from each of their albums, freshly remixed by a variety of friends and collaborators like Memory Tapes, Neon Indian, Maps and others. It also includes a cover of Broken Social Scene’s "Texico Bitches" recorded with members of Maps and The Leisure Society, as well as a cover of The Chameleons classic track "Tears". The Broken Social Scene cover is being given away as a free mp3. Great cover I think you'll dig. Look into the rest of that release if you like this one.
Here's a great quote Russo sent along with the press release.
“We don’t really care about maintaining a place in the industry. There is enough noise in the world and everyone has other work to busy themselves with”, says Russo. “We try to keep it new, detached. We make music when we think we have something to say that isn’t already being said”.
MP3: Texico Bitches (Broken Social Scene Cover) - The Silent League
We Go Forward Tracklisting::
1. Let It Roll (9OP Remix)
2. Texico Bitches (Broken Social Scene Cover)
3. Resignation Studies (Summer Strings Remix)
4. Character Assassination (Matt Henderson Remix)
5. Kings and Queens (Mark Underdown Remix)
6. Yours Truly, 2095 (Memory Tapes Remix)
7. Tears (Maps Vs TSL)
8. There is a Caretaker in the Woods (Kelly Pratt Remix)
9. Here's A Star (Neon Indian Remix)
10. The Catbird Seat (ARMS Remix)
11. Resignation Studies (Jeff Mercel Remix)
12. Victim of Aeroplanes (Anthony Molina Remix)